The Tenth Workshop on
Fault-Tolerant Spaceborne Computing Employing New Technologies, 2017
Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM
May 30-June 2, 2017
Organized by: AFRL, Boeing, BAE, Honeywell, JPL, OGA, Sandia, USC/ISI
|Jon Ballast, Boeing||Marti Bancroft, Consultant|
|Richard Berger, BAE||Larry Bergman|
|Steve Crago, USC/ISI||Erik DeBenedictis, Sandia|
|Mitch Fletcher||Ken Heffner, Honeywell|
|David Henriquez, JPL||Jesse Mee, AFRL|
|Hung Nguyen, Sandia||John Samson|
|Rafi Some, JPL|
This is notice of and a call for participation for the tenth workshop on space computing. The main sessions are May 31 and June 1, 2017, with additional working group sessions on May 30 and June 2, in Albuquerque. The afternoon session of June 1 will be closed (limited to invited partipants).
Like previous years, the topic will be R&D for next generation spacecraft computing systems, including hardware, security/trust, software, and applications.
SOLICITATION FOR PRESENTATIONS
This year, the meeting will be focused on multi-organizational projects and collaborative R&D that could contribute to building space processors and their applications. The organizers are issuing through this page an invitation for presentations on projects or capabilities. Please respond via e-mail to any of the organizers and include a semi-formal proposal.
WORKING GROUPS AND SOLICITATION FOR OTHER WORKING GROUPS
We will have working groups as in past years. Some working groups have been organized already and we are soliciting ideas and participation in organizing others:
- Cyber resilience
- Machine learning/autonomy/Big Data
- Memory technology
The conference has a capacity for other working groups, and we are soliciting ideas and organizers. If you would like to propose a working group, please contact one of the organizers.
ASSOCIATED USER GROUP AND SOLICITATION FOR USER GROUPS
The following will be held in conjunction with the meeting.
ACCESS TO FACILITIES
All attendees will require a DOE-issued badge when accessing Sandia's facilities (but not the hotel).
If you do not already have a DOE badge, attendees must contact Steven Garcia email@example.com
, (505) 284-5552 at least
two weeks in advance and provide requested identifying information.
Plan on picking up a badge at the Sandia badge office about 1/2 mile away before first entering DOE premises.
Foreign nationals will require a badge to access Sandia facilities
but the process for foreign nationals is more time consuming than the process in the paragraph above.
Foreign nationals should contact Steven Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org
, (505) 284-5552 immediately
and should plan on stopping at the Sandia badge office about 1/2 mile away before first entering DOE premises.
ATTENDENCE AND REGISTRATION FEEAttendance is by invitation only.
If you are in the industry and would like an invitation, please call Erik DeBenedictis (505) 284-4017 or e-mail email@example.com.
The registration fee is $200.
Register at the Sandia Webpay website at https://cfwebprod.sandia.gov/cfdocs/ccpwa/ and selecting "Fault-Tolerant Spaceborne Computing using New Technologies 2017" as the event name.
If payment of a registration fee creates difficulties, please call Erik DeBenedictis (505) 284-4017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work out alternative arrangements.
The meeting will include information at various levels of sensitivity.
- Some sessions on the schedule will indicate the information is sensitive (i. e. export controlled and proprietary). Attendees not eligible to receive specific information will be asked to leave the meeting room as needed.
- There will be Government session that may be attended by only Government, FFRDC, and SETA employees.
- While the entire meeting is by invitation only, there may be additional invitation-only sessions not posted on the Internet.
The associated hotel is the Albuquerque Marriott at 2101 Louisiana Blvd NE.
Attendees can use this reservation link
to make online reservations. Rate: $91 per night.
The cut-off date for this rate is 5/15/2017.
DIRECTIONSThe meeting will be held at several locations:
- We expect all evening activities to be at the hotel.
- Except as noted above, open portions of the meeting will be held at Sandia's Computer Science Research Institute (CSRI) building on 1450 Innovation Parkway, Albuquerque, NM 87123 (map below). This facility is outside of Kirtland Air Force Base; visitors please do not try to enter Kirtland Air Force Base as you will probably not succeed and it will cause quite a delay. All attendees will need to make arrangements for a badge and then go to the badge office.
- Closed portions of the meeting will be held in other buildings at Sandia; meet at the CSRI building for directions.
POINTS OF CONTACT
Document date April 20, 2017.
- Erik DeBenedictis, Sandia, email@example.com, (505) 284-4017
- Jon Ballast, Boeing, jon.ballast at boeing dot com
- Marti Bancroft, MBC, marti at dragonsden dot com
- Richard Berger, Richard dot w dot berger at baesystems dot com
- Larry Bergman, JPL, Larry dot A dot Bergman at jpl dot nasa dot gov
- Steve Crago, USC/ISI, crago at isi dot edu
- Mitch Fletcher, mitch dot fletcher at arrowheadse dot com
- Ken Heffner, kenneth dot h dot heffner at honeywell dot com
- David Henriquez, david dot a dot henriquez at jpl dot nasa dot gov
- Jesse Mee, jesse dot mee at us dot af dot mil
- Hung Nguyen, Sandia, hdnguye at sandia dot gov
- John Samson, Honeywell, john dot r dot samson at honeywell dot com
- Rafi Some, raphael dot r dot some at jpl dot nasa dot gov